Sunday, September 27, 2009

Summer is officially over :(

Just about everyday Ben and I walk by the pool at our apartment complex, and sadly, this week, they had all the lounge chairs put away and the cover on the pool. So not only does the calendar say summer is over, but so does our pool. We did a lot of swimming this summer, and we will surely miss it. With all that being said, I am a little excited for fall. Besides summer it is one of my favorite seasons.

Ben has been doing a lot these past two weeks. He has taken his first steps by himself! The first time he did it, he walked to me from the couch. I couldn't believe my eyes and first thought it was a fluke, but it wasn't! He does it now a few times a day. He is also not scared of the basketball anymore. When Phil says, "Where is the basketball?" Ben will actually go to it and put his hand on it. He is also very good at the whole, "How big is Ben?" bit. It has been a work in progress since my mom and I started working on it when we were in St. Louis in August. Ben also goes to school now once a week. Our church offers a class for babies 6 months to 14 months where the moms attend too. I couldn't believe out of our HUGE church, there were only three of us. Ben is the oldest by about 2 weeks, but he looks so much bigger than the other kids. I guess he is in the 97% for height. He really likes his class and so do I.

That is about all that has been going on. Phil has been doing a lot of studying for his next exam that is in November, so our weekends have been pretty low key. But we are healthy and happy, what more could we ask for??

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe he is already taking steps!!! What a strong boy - you need to get that on video! Great job Ben!

    ReplyDelete