This weekend we celebrated Ben's 2nd birthday. I can't believe it has been 2 years already! It has been awesome watching him grow and develop!
We had a very busy weekend. It started on Friday with Ben helping me make his birthday cupcakes. My helper did a great job at stirring the batter, helping me hold on to the hand mixer, and tasting the batter! After they cooled I let him frost his own cupcake and help me put on the sprinkles. I was surprised at how he enjoyed helping me bake. It was a special time for me too!
On Saturday we celebrated his birthday with some friends. We went to an indoor play place. After that we all went to eat at a custard and burger place called Oscar's. The previous weekend I asked Ben if he wanted tacos or pizza for his bday dinner. First he said, "tacos," than he yelled out, "Oscar's, Oscar's!!" I guess you can tell we live in Wisconsin since Ben knows the name of the local custard place by heart. Phil and I both thought Ben's idea was brilliant, no cooking or clean up! After dinner we all went back to our place for cupcakes, ice cream and presents. It was a great day!
Phil also had his birthday on November 10th. He didn't have quite the celebration that Ben had. He and I went out to dinner on his birthday (we had a sitter, it was awesome!) For Phil's birthday I got him tickets to see the comedian Daniel Tosh. He has a tv show on Comedy Central that Phil likes to watch. He was in Milwaukee on Sunday doing his comedy tour, so I got tickets. We put Ben to bed, a friend came over to watch him, then we headed downtown for our second date in a week. The show was funny and we both enjoyed ourselves.
I had my final doctor appointment today. Everything is going well, and we are scheduled for our induction on November 24th at 6:30 am! I am both excited and nervous. So keep us in your prayer! Next time I have a post it will be with pics of the new baby!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment