Tuesday, June 29, 2010

We love summer!

Our summer has been flying by! I can't believe it is already the end of June! We have been thoroughly enjoying the warm weather. Our week usually consists of walks to the park, swimming in our apartment complex pool, or enjoying any other "free" activities I can find! Ben loves to go outside and play. I am already dreading the long winters here.

In the beginning of June I went to my first arena football game. Whitney's boyfriend plays for the Jacksonville Sharks and they were playing the Chicago Rush. So her and my dad came down for the game. It is very fast paced, is played on a lot shorter field, and has a few different rules than regular football. I recommend going to see a game if you ever have a chance. It was really exciting and the Sharks won!

This past weekend Ben got to enjoy his first ever Major League Baseball game. One of Phil's old coworker's couldn't go to the game and offered us his tickets. I was a little worried about how long Ben would last, but figured the tickets were free so we might as well give it a try. We got there in the bottom of the 2nd inning and left at the top of the 7th. I think, like mom and dad, baseball is not his favorite sport. I think he did as well as any 19 month old would do at a game.

I have been feeling really good with this pregnancy. I am enjoying the 2nd trimester of no morning sickness and not being too big yet. We find out 2 weeks from today what we are having, so I am really looking forward to that!

We are getting excited to go to Michigan for our annual summer vacation! Phil will just come up for a long weekend and Ben and I will stay a little longer. We are looking forward to seeing our family and friends, and praying for warm weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment